• Watched the movie Grizzly Man by happenstance. The entire movie is a documentary about the guy Timothy Treadwell (1957 〜 2003). As you watch the film, you'll see that Tim is a emotionally unstable nutcase, and loving bears and “protecting” grizzly bears has become his life's addiction and purported goal. What make the whole affair interesting and having a movie made about him, is that he got eaten by the bears, while he's living his ways in the wild, along with his girlfriend. And they turned on their video recorder in the last few minutes of their lives.
• Brown bear, Grizzly Bear, Grizzly-polar bear hybrid. These guys weights up to 700 kg, and can run at some 55 km/h. A force not to be reckoned with. (the quip is just for one-on-one encounter only. Of course, if we wanted, we can kill any bear, nay, his entire family. Nah, when push comes to shove, we human animals can have their entire race exterminated within days. Bears, go home!)
• Bird's nest soup (燕窩) Chinese eats these. These are edible nest made by a particular type of swallow called cave swifts. «A single white nest can cost up to $2,000, and a “red blood” nest can cost up to $10,000.»
As far as my life-style or philosophy goes, i think anyone who eats this is a fuckhead. In the pre-high-tech times, it is ok for human animals to eat these, for the pleasure of variety in taste as well as the nutrient it provides. After all, we got eaten by all sorts of other carnivorous beasts too. Besides, we can eat bird nest all day and they'd out number us. But in our technological era of 21st century, where we human animals have dominated the landscape, to the point that we are extincting hundreds of other species at the pace of per decade, carnivorous or not. In such a day and age, it doesn't seems right to pluck a bird's nest just for the novelty of taste. I mean, if you need nutrition, there's vitamin C. If you are starving, there's McDonalds. If you want variety in food, there's Indian cuisine, Chinese cuisine, French cuisine, mediterranean food, and sushi and pizza, and Starbuck's coffee ＆ Coke. What kind of fuckhead needs to climb ladders over precipitous cliffs to steal a bird's nest (and kill the birds) for food just for a show of status? Yeah, that's the Chinese. The Chinese are also superstitious about eating Rhino horns and Tiger's penis and Shark's fins , thinking that these will enhance a man's sexual prowess. What fuck faces they are.
Saddam Hussein Is Dead. Short essay added to the bottom of the Saving of Private Lynch page.
Nude Alice Artwork by Frank Brunner.
Added Lori Finnegan's artwork “biwitched”. At Artworks on Love. A particular feature of Lori's work is their facial expressions, so exceedingly communicative, radiating human warmth and love. (thanks Lori. ^_~ )
Illustrating Geometry with POV-Ray
Added a image to Art Of Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres.
Created the page: POV-Ray Lighting Examples (computing tutorial)
Created the page: POV-Ray Constructive Solid Geometry Example (computing tutorial)
Some notes about Drifting in Motor Sports.
Created two new pages: Star-Spangled Cars, Star-Spangled Hot-air balloons, and added thumbnails to the Banners, Damsels, and Mores photo gallery.
I learned what is Gaussian Blur, and High Dynamic Range Imaging today. See bottom of: drawing.html.
Added a note to Hearth Harmon (porn) at the bottom of Porn Outspeak page.
Commencing: Introduction to 3D Graphics Programing (computing tutorial). In the next few months, i'll continue to enrich this project. In the coming days, i'll be completing a basic tutorial on POV-Ray, and the .obj format.
Annotated: Gulliver's Travels, part 3 chapter 8. Gulliver's Travels is really difficult to read. Besides the stilted English, one has to understand Western history, in particular the political history of England of the time, to really understand what he's talking about.
Annotated Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions, by Edwin A Abbott. I've read this book about 5 times, since about 1992. It is always a pleasure.
Some Random Notes on Reading Scott McCloud's Books (essay on comics and society)
Creating a Google Earth function in Elisp (computing tutorial)
Fully annotated The Thousand-and-Second Tale of Scheherazade by Edgar Allan Poe. It took me goddamn about 4 days, 3 hours each, and i haven't fully read most of the wikpedia articles i linked to.
Jeff Week's Curved Space is available for the Mac! See Great Software for 3D Geometry and Non-Euclidean Geometry. See also: SnapPea.
Redone annotations for Why I'm not a Christian. (Essay by Bertrand Russell)
Some wikipedia readings:
The Thousand-and-Second Tale of Scheherazade by Edgar Allan Poe.
Added Google Earth files to several pages:
How Fast Does Internet Speed Grow?.
Reread and cleaned up the annotations for: The Fisherman And The Jinni. (literature)
• A Note To Deviantart Users
• Notes about 李小龍 (Bruce Lee).
Actress Jessica Lange Speaks Out at Anti-War Protest in DC (2005-09-26).
I ♥ you Jessica! ( Jessica Lange starred in Titus and The Postman Always Rings Twice (1981).)blog comments powered by Disqus